Friday, December 28, 2018

28 December 2019 - Denver, CO, USA


Some years I look at my travel and have to make a tough decision to make what is called a Mileage Run (MR). It is where you take a flight somewhere and back for the sole purpose of earning frequent traveler status. This year I found myself about 400 miles short of Delta Platinum. While I am saddened to lose my top Diamond status, I might still have an international trip or two next year. Platinum will at least make those long flights a little more bearable.

I started my MR by visiting Red Rocks Amphitheater. Many of my favorite bands and artists have played here and I also know of it to be a nice hiking spot too. Having never visited, I took the opportunity to finally go.



Later on in the day I met up with my awesome step-brother John and headed out for some exploring of Downtown Denver.



We spent our time at one of these newfangled Arcade Bars popular with people from my 80s generation. It feels both weird and fun to play Pacman and drink whiskey. After we got our fill of games we went out for some pizza. What a fun evening!


The picture is blurry on purpose to simulate how I felt at the time. - Pretty Good



No comments:

Post a Comment