Friday, October 18, 2019

18 October 2019 - Fujikawaguchico and Fijiyoshida, Yamanashi, Japan

I had an extra week of vacation this year and had not really planned out my usual fall trip. I love traveling in spring and fall because of the cooler temperatures and smaller crowds, especially as children have returned to school thus the family vacation season is over. I decided to head to Japan to visit my best friend Zach and then spend a few days at the five lakes region of near Mt. Fuji, enjoying some hiking in the mountains and some relaxing visits to the Onsen (hot springs).



Due to a recent typhoon, it was very rainy for most of the trip. Many of the trains that I am comfortable with were canceled. For the first time, I finally got brave enough to learn how to use the bus system. It was a nice little trip, especially getting to return to the 5th station of Mt. Fuji where I enjoyed a nice hot plate of Japanese style curry.





After a few days in the mountains, I returned to Tokyo for a little bit of Sushi whit Zach and then headed to the airport for my flight home.

The land of Vending Machines...


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun trip. Thank you for sharing. I am a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete