Monday, April 13, 2015

13 April 2015 - Exploring Kiev (Kiyv), Ukraine - Part 3

I continued my walkabout (love making that AUS reference) past St. Andrews church down the Andriivs'kiy descent, a winding street full of interesting shops and cafes. My next stop was the Square of Contracts (Kontraktova ploshcha).



I was on my way to the Chernobyl Museum. My goal was to learn as much as I could before my tour the next day. Honestly, my fascination with the disaster is a bit morbid, but I strongly believe those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The curated display did not disappoint.








After finishing at the museum, I found one of the local metro stations and made my way to Hydropark, a large recreation area located on the Venetian island in the center of the Dneiper River. It was built as a place for residents to enjoy hiking, beaches, and other outdoor activities.




No comments:

Post a Comment