Sunday, February 7, 2016

6 Feb 2016 - a day in the life of a frequent business traveler

Good afternoon from JFK (New York). What are you doing on your day off?


Mine started at 3am PST with a drive to LAX. Once again my PreCheck status got me through security in record time. I can't help but be reminded of the Stereotype scene from Up In the Air.



We spent about 5 hours traveling to NYC. I am traveling to Columbia this weekend for a week of work. During the Winter months of Nov-March I tend to travel on Saturday (Friday for Europe/Asia) in order to minimize the risk of bad weather making me late. In 6 years of travel I have always made it to the job site on time.

I'm currently sitting in a Sky Club, a little perk I enjoy due to airline status and international tickets. I usually come to one of these if I have an hour or more before my next flight. They have free snacks and drinks. Sometimes it can also be a quite place...Sometimes it is crowded with family and kids.




In about 30 minutes I board my next flight and will spend 6 more hours in the air. I looks like Delta gave me a complimenatry upgrade to First Class. Very rare for me on international flights. I expect to land about 10:30pm EST and get to the hotel by 11:30pm. Going to sleep well tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment