Saturday, March 26, 2016

25 March 2016 - Sleeping in Seattle

I am on a long layover in Seattle. I call these positioning flights. The idea is when I am flying halfway around the world, I fly part of the way sleep in a real bed at a hotel, then continue onward. Sometimes, as is the case this trip, it is actually cheaper as it allows me to fly on better priced days.

It was great to see the mountains again. Can you ID the following?



The landing in Seattle was one of the prettiest I have seen in a while. It always feels weird to me to see the ground slowly moving towards me.



I am heading to Guam, another US territory. I've never been there before but I am told it is much like Hawaii (never been to Hawaii either).

There was one minor adventure this morning. My boarding pass printed up with "SSSS" printed on it which apparently means the TSA will be touching you in ways you never imagined. I've been pulled for random additional screening before, but never this level of thorough...it was very "touching"...


My Laptop Power brick triggered a false positive on the bomb detection machine and my 3oz energy supplement (1Above) caused another alarm on a chemical test. All in all I was not worried as I was 3 hours early for my flight and this took me an additional 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment