Saturday, April 30, 2016

30 April 2016 - Berlin, Germany - Part 2

I am finishing up a second week of work in good ol' Deutschland. Once again I am really starting to miss my home in sunny California. My co-workers in the Irvine office make fun of me. "Why did you move to CA if all you do is travel for work". I guess in the end, when work slows down or I choose to travel less, CA is where I want to be. I am trying to invent a more economical way of having a place to live as paying 2k a month for an apartment I only live in for a week is not making me happy.

This week I took my class out to dinner at the Lindenbräu in the Sony Center. I like this touristy beer house for the traditional German food. I had the Schweinsbraten and Apfelstrudel. What do you think of the following?


Speaking of food, another popular dish here in Berlin is Kurrywurst mit Pommes. I am not sure why this dish is so popular. It is simply a chopped up hot dog, ketchup, curry powder, and a side of fries. This is something my dad makes out of laziness when he has to cook dinner. I think it would be better with Johnsonville Brats. It looks like this:




On Friday afternoon, I visited the TV Tower and enjoyed a nice view of the city.


 

Mojito!



I also took some time to wander around this part of the city. I got a nice view of the Berlin Dom Cathedral



That's it for this trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment