Friday, November 4, 2016

4 November - Anaheim, CA - Blizzcon X

For the last decade, one of my favorite software companies, Blizzard Software, has held a party annually in California. I am talking about BlizzCon, a celebration of all Blizzard games including Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft. It is a challenge to get tickets, with them selling out usually within an hour of going on sale. I managed to go in 2011 and 2015, failing the buying process during other years.


This year I managed to snag a few extra and bring some friends in on the fun.


Highlights included seeing the latest games, watching international tournaments, enjoying the art, and just generally geeking out.


Press M for map

Legion test drive


Hodor!

TJ and Dianne trying the latest NVIDIA Tech

Folk Music at the Hearthstone Fireside Gathering

Heros of the Storm

Illidan welcomes you...but you are not prepared!

Pros playing StarCrafts

There was also some amazing Cosplay. As I have said in the past, I don't really want to cosplay, but I really respect the work and creativity of those that do. Lots of professionals at this event. The best part for me was when the Voice Actor for Overwatch's Reinhardt, Daren Du Paul, had a Reinhardt parade. Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7K6qrBRh4


Phara and Road Hog

Mercys' and kids


Genji

Deathwing

Speaking of Voice Actors, once again the Voice Actor stage was an amazing place to be. The presentation of the "United Nations of Overwatch" was a real treat!



The weekend ended with a full Weird Al concert. I've watch a youtube video of this experience in the past but really wanted to see it in person. Amazing! He changes costumes for almost every song.


Fat

White and Nerdy

The Saga Begins

No comments:

Post a Comment