Thursday, January 31, 2019

31 January 2019 - Hollywood, CA, USA

On a rainy day in late January, I decided to finally take a trip to visit Hollywood. My mom and uncle were visiting me this weekend so I wanted to show them something fun about this part of the country. I am a little embarrassed to say that after living here for 3 years I had never been to this famous place. I'll admit, however, the warnings about it being a tourist trap were well founded. We started our day by walking along the walk of fame. I picked my favorite star!


The buildings here have rather interesting architecture.


 Of course, I wanted a selfie in front of the Chinese theater. The ground here had all these boot and handprints of famous actors, musicians, and directors. It reminded me of a graveyard I once encountered on a trip to Ireland.


 After an hour or two at the walk of fame, we loaded up to drive up the hills to the Griffith Observatory. Now, this is not a tourist trap. I recommend it as a must see location if you visit Los Angeles. Even in the rain, the view of the city was amazing.


I could finally see the Hollywood sign too...


There were a few science exhibits at this location. It was fun to learn a little bit about radio astronomy. There was a reference to the Aricebo dish...ha, I was there last month.


As a jest, I also made sure to make good use of the shirt my girlfriend's sister got me for Christmas. Rick and Morty 4 ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment