Thursday, July 18, 2019

18 July 2019 - San Diego International Comicon, USA

For about the last 10 years I have been trying to get tickets to one of the most famous conventions in the world. I've been to BlizzCon. I've been to QuakeCon too. I've even enjoyed Anime Los Angeles. But this event has always sold out and made getting tickets super difficult. Now I only managed to get a Thursday and Sunday ticket before they all sold out again this year, but this will make attending future events a little easier.




I spent most of my time on the main show floor. My goal for the day was to just enjoy the experience, taking in the sights and sounds. I didn't really worry about buying exclusive toys or comics. My main fun would come from looking for my favorite characters such as Marvel's Deadpool and exploring the many artists that were showing and selling their work.










Not only is there plenty to do on the show floor, but there is also the entire downtown of San Diego to Explore. The Gas Lamp District was really crowded and full of great people-watching opportunities.




One of my favorite finds was an art gallery featuring the upcoming Borderlands 3 game. It featured some nice paintings, sculptures, and a fun little Twitter scavenger hunt. It's going to be a fun release.





It was a long few days of exploration. For the most part, I enjoyed my time and am happy to finally experience the event. Will I return? Not sure yet. I used the Amtrak system to travel back and forth between my home and the convention. On the last day, I got a nice sunset.




No comments:

Post a Comment