Sunday, February 26, 2017

25 Feb 2017 - Using Rental Cars for a Muscle Car fix

I like muscle cars. I have my father to thank for that. When I was younger we would often go to car shows (such as the annual Atwood Lake Fall Fest). He would tell me of his glory days in the 60's and 70's and share all kinds of stories about the various cars we would see. For the longest time he had a dream to own a 1969 Dodge RT Charger. However, the years moved on and so did his dream.

I am still not ready to buy a car again, but I did need to run some errands to some stores that would be much easier in a vehicle. Most muscle and sport cars are way too fuel inefficient and expensive on insurance to actually be a practical daily driver. A few years ago I realized I could at least "get my fix" by just renting one for a day or two.

So I walked over to the John Wayne airport and asked my Hertz Gold rep what they could do for me. Here is what they had for me.


The Good - A convertible is almost always a fun choice for the California sun
The Bad - a V6 just doesn't have the horse power or sound that I desire, but the fuel economy is slightly better (when I returned on Sunday, they said I just missed out on the Shelby GT)

I ended up visiting the stores I needed to visit then opted for a few hours of driving to my favorite seafood resturant in San Marcos, the Fish-house Veracruiz. I love the Fish Kabobs!




No comments:

Post a Comment