Thursday, March 9, 2017

9 Mar 2017 - San Juan, Purto Rico - Day 1

I've been traveling to Puerto Rico since 2011. I still believe it is quite the treasure and as a bonus, a US Province. For the first time in a while I was here to vacation instead of work. Today's adventures included some Kayaking in the Condado Lagoon and a road trip to Aricbo to hike the Window Cave (aka Cueva Ventana).

Every time I have crossed the Condado Bridge, I have noticed that you can rent kayaks and paddle boards. However, I have never had time to do it. For about 20$ you get a whole hour.


Next, I rented a car and started driving west on the PR22 toll road. I wanted to visit a cave that had photos featured on the Windows 10 lock screen. I was shocked to find that it was in PR as I thought such caves were much further south between Venezuela and Brazil. It is about an hour long hike into the woods and we got to visit two awesome caves.








After about 15 minutes of hiking and climbing, we arrived at the Window Cave! Wow what a view!


I ended the day by driving a little further west towards Isabella. I found a giant stone head.
This is apparently in honor of a TaĆ­no chief named Cacique Mabodamaca from the 16th century Caribbean...




No comments:

Post a Comment