Tuesday, August 14, 2018

14 August 2018 - Happy Birthday and 3 years in California

I can not believe that it has now been three years of chasing my California Dream. Here is what these years have taught me...



The Negative:
The longer I live here, the more I start to understand why so many people are moving away from this state. I am kind of curious to see if  when this state goes bankrupt (much like Detroit did). Example Forbes article.

The Positive:
Ultimately, I continue to choose to stay because the weather makes me super happy. Also, this year has seen me growing emotionally and positively changing in an amazing relationship. The state and national parks are outstanding. This is one of the places where most of my favorite produce is grown (best fresh strawberries and raspberries). Finally, the ocean brings me peace, whenever I can get to it.





I like taking risks. One of my largest life risks includes choosing to stay. I put my current odds at 70% chance of surviving and 30% of having to leave. I feel lucky.







No comments:

Post a Comment