Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2016 Disney World Marathon Weekend Part 1 - Family Day at Magic Kingdom

Just a few days ago I checked off a major bucket list item. Well, it was actually two items. First, I wanted to take my 6 year old niece and 3 year old nephew to see Disney World. Second, I wanted to complete the Dopey Challenge during the Marathon Festival week.



Orlando, Florida
I've traveled to this part of the USA many times throughout my life. My very first flight was at age 6 from Canton/Akron, Ohio. We took a family vacation to the magic kingdom at Disney World. My second trip occurred at age 12 as a family road trip. We visited Epcot.

Over the last 5 years, thank to my job, I have traveled to Orlando and surrounding areas. It has been kind of weird experiencing this state as an adult versus my 6 and 12 year old self.

Wednesday - Magic Kingdom

One of the main reasons I wanted to go to Florida again was to enjoy the magic with my family. My Brother and Sister in law work hard for their kids. At 6 and 3, my niece and nephew are still in that stage of life where they are innocent. With my frequent time away I am going to miss out on most of their growing up years. Here was my goal...Happy kids go into the park....sleepy kids (and happy parents) leave the park.

















At the end of the day I was dropped off at the fitness expo at ESPN's Wide World of Sports. I needed to pick up my race packet and about 6 (whaaaaat?) race shirts.

I met Jeff Galloway!
















No comments:

Post a Comment