Thursday, January 7, 2016

2016 Disney World Marathon Weekend Part 2 - 5K

Thursday - 5k

"Take it easy", I kept reminding myself. "You have to make it through 3 more races" I woke up at 3am and arrived at the Epcot parking lot by 3:30. This time frame, by far, was my greatest fear about this event. I wanted to avoid bad traffic and hoped I wouldn't miss my race.

...and I sat in the van in that lot for nearly 1 hour and 45 minutes because I was way too early. However, for a 5k race there were marathon crowds. Neat.



For the rest of the week the 3 am wake up was perfect. Here is a hint on how I made it work: Go to bed at 7 pm. When 3 am arrives you will have had a full 8 hour night. It was a little bit cold with a light mist-rain. In the end...nice 5k.




I celebrated by eating breakfast at the Waffle House and then spent the rest of the day watching the ADGQ2016 charity event on Twitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment