Thursday, March 30, 2017

30 Mar 2017 - Layover in Tokyo, Japan

Last week I had a semi-planned work trip to Singapore get approved. This left me scrambling to book flights and hotels. I lucked out with my flight planning and was able to take a day long layover in Japan. Last year at this time I was able to get in a little cherry blossom viewing. I've still not seen it at it's peak bloom, but am getting closer. My hope was to spend the day in Ueno Koen (park) and maybe a few of the trees would be blooming.








In addition, I got to visit one of my best friends. It has been 6 months since I have seen him and his family in person. However, it felt like it had only been a few weeks since I last said goodbye. We are two wild and crazy guys...



We had lunch at GoGo Curry. I have a "run-on" joke that I will someday do the World Champion eating challenge. My friend believes I will fail and that it is just the jet lag talking.

Regular Size - My normal meal

World Champion Size - AKA "you wont finish it Eric"


Most of the rest of the day was spent at the National Museum viewing art and historical artifacts. I have a geeky fascination with the Samurai weapons and armor.







In the end I had a nice visit with my friend and a welcome break from the rush of my life. Here is a setting sun from the land of the rising sun...


No comments:

Post a Comment