Thursday, September 21, 2017

21 September 2017 - Returning to California

I picked up a friend in Glendale, AZ. His name is Tim. He was my high school Math Teacher and has been a good friend for over 20 years. He helped me achieve great success in my life as well as assisted with one of my first trips to Alaska (starting much of my travel bug). Having lost his wife a few years ago to illness, he has been slowly working his way back into the world socially. He recently retired and has a little free time...I wanted to give him this experience as a small "Thank You" gift.

Note: for privacy reasons I have attempted not to place him in my photos...enjoy the story nonetheless

My goal was to show him what California has become. His last visit was 1978 as he had worked at the El Toro Marine Airbase near Irvine/Tustin. We enjoyed a good 5 hour road trip along Interstate 10. The view of 29 palms into the mountains was excellent.



We arrived at Anaheim Angels Stadium around noon for the 1pm Cleveland Indians game.
They won!




We ended the day at Crystal Cove State Beach, enjoying diner at the Beachcomber. The sunset was the usual Californian delight...



No comments:

Post a Comment