Friday, September 8, 2017

8 September 2017 - Bikes and Falls

I wanted to get a good workout in. I'm so proud that I have been tracking what I eat and finished a strong workout a day, sometimes twice. I've got a few nice 20-30 mile bicycle routes that result in some nice hill climbs and usually some nice sunsets.




At mile 27 I slid on some loose sand on the trail and fell...hard. I was cruising about 10mph and before I knew it my back tire slid directing me off the trail which caused my bike to come to a complete stop. I, however, did not stop. Thankfully my sholders, neck and head were there to demonstrate "Object in Motion" physics. I laid on the ground for about a minute in shock and with everything just hurting.

Eventually, I would get up and slowly ride home. It was hard to sleep.
The next day urgent care would find no broken bones, but I would be in for a few weeks of pain and soreness thanks to a bunch of strains and sprains. I'll heal and get back to my goals.

Here is a video of Bike fails(the humor helps with the healing process):



No comments:

Post a Comment