Saturday, September 23, 2017

23 September 2017 - San Diego

For my last day hosting my friend's visit to So-Cal we cruised to San Diego.
First, we took a short walk at Torrey Pines State Beach.


Next, we headed down to the bay to explore the USS Midway Ship/Museum. I've wanted to see this place for a few years. The best part was hanging out with a Marine veteran. He gave the old Navy guys so much crap. For the most part, they returned the jives, joining in the fun. However, there was one that seemed visibly offended (and that was even funnier). No matter which branch of service you are a part of, you have my respect.





It was a beautiful day in San Diego...How about that Coronado bridge?



Finally, we made a stop at Old Town. My friend refused to have any photos of himself next to the sign siting a well timed pun about his age. So I got one for myself...


We ended our last day by having diner with my friends and former classmates the Rohrs (and their kids).

No comments:

Post a Comment