Sunday, June 11, 2017

11 June 2017 - Cape Town, South Africa - Part 1

This journey marks my 3rd trip to South Africa. All of my trips have been to Johannesburg for 1-2 weeks of work. My first trip gave me a bad impression of the country primarily because of a painfully long flight and and the culture shock. On my second trip, I found an easier way to travel and had some friends along. For this trip, I decided I need to see somewhere other than Joberg. I decided to take a long weekend vacation to Cape Town.

It's winter here so the weather is mostly cold with a chance of rain. Reminds me of home in California back in January. I'm happy to be near the water and mountains, so I will make the most of this time. I started my exploration by taking a walk along the oceanfront.





Next, I jumped on a hop-on-hop-off bus to get a closer look at the city, table mountain, and camps bay beach. For about 15$ the bus performed an hourly loop of many parts of the city. I wish I could have gone to the top of Table Mountain, but due to weather the cable lift was closed for the day. I'll have to come back someday to hike it!









I ended my day wandering around the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. There were lots of fun little restaurants, gift shops, and random bits of live music.








No comments:

Post a Comment