Tuesday, June 13, 2017

13 June 2017 - Cape Town, South Africa - Part 3

The main goal for today was to enjoy the Two Oceans Aquarium. I've lost count of all the ones I've visited around the world. I love aquariums.








Then, I enjoyed the penguins. They have Rock-hopper and African Black Footed penguins. In addition to my usual enjoyment of an aquarium I was able to secure a behind-the-scenes tour with the Penguins! The male was named "Hopper" and the female (molting) was called "Henry" (they don't know the gender without a blood test- guessed wrong on this one and the name just stuck).





I had a nice seafood dinner at the Cape Town Fish Market. Watching the penguins gobble down fish made me hungry for some myself.



Finally, I walked back to my hotel, enjoying a rare bit of winter sun light. It's been a good few days off work.




No comments:

Post a Comment