Saturday, May 19, 2018

18 May 2018 - Electric Daisy Carnival - Las Vegas, NV, USA

I love Electronic Dance Music (EDM). While it wasn't until a few years ago that the genre really took off, I've loved it since I discovered a few artists during the 90s (RedNex and Real McCoy). For about a decade I have been vaguely aware of music festivals around the world that celebrate dance music. One that has been on my bucket list is Electric Daisy Carnival produced by Insomniac Events.



This year the event occurred a month (May) earlier than usual and I am told this was due to heat/temperatures encountered last year. The location was the Las Vegas Speed Way, featuring 7+ unique stages, carnival rides, and a number of community meeting places. We (about 130,000 of us) started partying Friday night and finished each day around sunrise. The whole weekend was a blast.



Overall the event was very fun. The main rule was to show acceptance for everyone and care for each other. Some people dressed in creative (and sometimes rather revealing) costumes. The girlfriend and I opted for Unicore onesies and got a lot of positive comments!



Of course, the best part was getting to enjoy some of my favorite DJs. Here is a video of my experience:






No comments:

Post a Comment