Thursday, May 31, 2018

31 May 2018 - Heading home to California...

After 8 days on the road I really started to miss my home and friends(especially my girlfriend) in California. Here is a song I often have stuck in my head anytime I am away.




I was hoping to visit Mt. Shasta, but the mountain was covered with rain clouds. This location is about 7 hours from where I live so I will make it back here some day for a little mountaineering. While I was thinking about stopping during the long drive across California, I decided to marathon it home, driving 14 hours and more that 800 miles in a single day. This, my friends, I recommend you never do unless you have someone with you to tag-team the road.

Thoughts About This Journey


  • It almost didn't happen.
    • It was so spontaneous and unplanned that I had worried myself into not wanting to go.
    • I'm thankful my loved ones coaxed me into making it a reality
  • I want to spend a week at Grand Tetons, including camping
    • I will fly to the Jackson, WY airport next time
  • I want to spend a week at Glacer
    • I will fly to the GNP international Airport next time
  • Banff will take 2 weeks of my life sometime in the next few years
    • There are some serious trails I became aware of 
    • I have some mountains to climb here
  • It seems like I rushed through many of these places
    • The main goal was to sample this part of the country I had never seen before in order to plan longer trips later
    • The duration of this trip felt just right - the time on the road was getting old
      • I drove 3,854 miles total

Video Blog?








No comments:

Post a Comment