Sunday, May 27, 2018

27 May 2018 - Yellowstone National Park, WY

I started my day visiting Jackson Lake and the Coulter Bay Marina. There was this delightful little trail that walked out to a peninsula and gave another great view of the Grand Teton mountains. This place is pure heaven for me.



Next, I drove into Yellowstone national park. Being one of the first national parks, Yellowstone is one of the biggest. I didn't realize that I would spend over 2 hours just driving across the park. I would actually criss-cross the continental divide about 3 times.



My main goal was to see Old Faithful and the other geysers. Old Faithful erupts about every 90 mins give or take 20mins. While I was waiting, I decided to try out the overlook hike. The view was pretty nice.




Driving out of the park I got to see some Buffalo, made a Dances with the Wolves "Tatanka" joke, and continued to the exit. For many years, I have wanted to visit western Montana. Today, that dream would be realized...


Welcome to Montana!

No comments:

Post a Comment