Saturday, May 14, 2016

14 May 2016 - Sao Paulo, Brazil

I am back in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This is my fourth time here for work and my second time helping out a team mate who could not go. If this trip wasn't enough, I will be back next month for 2 more weeks. I might go to Rio on that one.

 



I enjoyed another long run in Parque Ibirapuera. From my hotel to the park it is about a mile, the loop around the park is about 4 miles (the posts count down from 6500 meters). I have another Half Marathon in 2 weeks and want to be ready for that race.


In addition to visiting places I have been before, I explored the Sao Paulo Aquarium. This was a fantastic place. At first I thought it was smaller than expected because it abruptly ended in a food court area. But a quick walk through double doors showed that it extended to 3 times the size, including live animals such as bears and kangaroos.

I made a return visit to the flea market at Benedito Calixto. I love searching though all the antiques and art. I am usually looking for hand made mechanical puzzles and old silver coins for my collection. I did score a rather unique hand carved wood cube puzzle that will eventually live in my Irvine Classroom (some people learn best when they have something to fiddle with).

I ended my weekend with a visit to a brewhouse called FrangO, a hidden gem of the city, that boasts the best Coxina (meat and mojaca [like a potato] fried pastry). I enjoyed a cake themed set of beers!





Next, I am off to Ohio for a few days of team meetings...

No comments:

Post a Comment