Sunday, August 14, 2016

14 August 2016 - Brisbane, Australia - Part 1

I am in Australia for the next few weeks. The last time I ventured to this country was in February of 2014 where I spent a few weeks in the Southwest coast city of Perth. This business trip has me in the north east city of Brisbane. After a 14 hour direct flight from LAX, I usually am a mess for a few days. The climate here is Subtropical so the temperatures are between 60-70deg F (15-20deg C) most days. It feels very close to home.

I spent most of my first day trying to recover from jet lag. Here is the view from my hotel room.


Brisbane is basically a river city a few kilometers inland from the coast. It is also really close to the Gold Coast.

During my second day in the city I finally felt good enough to venture out. I started the morning by walking through the botanical gardens and locating the famous riverwalk.


I ended up doing a nice 10k out and back run/walk/run. The weather was perfect and the view was even better....




I'll try to keep posting little updates as my jet lag improves...

In the mean time, I will leave you with an odd local celebrity, Captain Risky...an anti-spokesperson. These commercials appeared on the local TV and absolutely made my day...



No comments:

Post a Comment