Saturday, August 20, 2016

20 August 2016 - Gold Coast, Australia

During 2-3 week business trips I am sometimes able to get away during the weekends. Speaking with my customers in Brisbane during the week, they suggested I make a day trip to the Gold Coast. I decided to use the train system to make the journey. It takes about 90 minutes from Brisbane Central and the cost is about 16$ AUD round trip. This place reminds me of my teenage years and vacations to Myrtle Beach.


I spent most of my time walking along the beach of surfer's paradise. Still sore from my workouts earlier in the week, I decided not to rent a board and wetsuit. Someday, I hope to come back and surf this area.



One of the key places I wanted to visit was the Sky Point observation deck. Similar to my experiences in London (The Shard) and Germany (TV Tower), I just can't get enough of tall buildings and testing if I have developed a fear of heights. 25$ AUD later, I found myself 70+ floors up, enjoying a nice view (and a Mojito) of the entire city.








I know it seems like a rather anticlimactic location to visit for someone who moved to California a year ago, but I was actually really happy to be here. I do prefer SoCal over this place due to Australia's Ozone layer issues. Honestly, I am not sure why there were people on the beach tanning...this is some serious, cancer inducing, UV radiation! I guess it is just vanity and that it feels good to die this way.

I ended my visit at a local Kaiten (conveyor) sushi place and then traveled back to Brisbane.


No comments:

Post a Comment