Wednesday, August 17, 2016

17 August 2016 - Brisbane Australia - Part 3

An Early Morning Run

I've said it before: a life of constant travel is one of the most unhealthiest. It's hard to plan exercise and there are lots of meals eaten at restaurants and fast food places. I try my best to keep up with my running. Last week I took the plunge and signed up for the 2017 Surf City and Orange County Half Marathons. This means I need to keep running and have some motivation again. I started the with the Australian dish of champions, toast with Vegemite. ProTip: Don't smear it on like peanut butter unless you like being punched in the face by a salt seizure; mix it with butter. "Video Instructions from Wolverine..."


I did a run on Sunday, out and back on the riverwalk, for a total of 6 miles or 10 kilometers. My goal for today was to just do 2-3 miles to the north.








As I started making my way along the Kangaroo Cliff Park...I just kept going...Mile 3...Mile 4...it was part curiosity of what I would see next on this trail and part "i'm a lost man too stubborn to ask for directions." I eventually passed under the Story Bridge, looped around, and found a way across. The sun rise on the bridge and reflecting off the skyscrapers was awesome!


In the end I completed a 5.7Mile loop...just a little bit farther than my goal for the morning. What the heck do they put in that Vegemite?


No comments:

Post a Comment