Tuesday, August 16, 2016

16 August 2016 - Brisbane Australia - Part 2

Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour Day

Sometimes I scoff condescendingly at those "hop-on-hop-off" tour busses. I know I skipped the London, Dublin, Edinburgh, and Tokyo options. This time around, however, I gave the Brisbane one a try. Here is my best "i'm not sure if I am going to be happy with this look" (and for 30$ AUD it better be worth it).



So we drove around and here were some of the sights:


View of Post Office Square and Central Station (behind)

City Hall

Suncorp Rugby Stadium

XXXX Brewery

Go Between Bridge

Downtown and Kurilpa Bridge

So far, I was pretty happy with the tour and had some new ideas about where I might visit over the next few weeks. I decided to use the Hop-Off option at the history museum and spend some time walking along the shops of Grand Arbour St. and South Bank.



Neat plant covered path...

Street Beach South Bank (for those to lazy to go to Gold Coast)
Nitrogen Ice Cream!




I had a small lunch and some ice cream. REMINDER: Don't feed the Ibis!



After 45 minutes of walking around this area, I hopped back on the bus and made my way to the final stops of the Kangaroo Point Cliffs Park, Story Bridge, and China Town. One wierd thing about this bus was that I kept seeing the same people at each stop ("are you following me?"). I think it was just the natural timing of each area.

In the end I was most satisfied with the bus tour! It was worth it.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment