Thursday, September 13, 2018

11 September 2018 - Tokyo, Japan - Part 2

For my second day in Tokyo, I decided to go do some serious walking at Ueno park (mainly to work off all that curry I ate the day before). It was a little bit overcast, but the temperatures were nice. For being in the middle of a metropolis, this place sure is peaceful.




I met up with my friends once again and we decided to have some Okonomiyaki (cabbage pancake). What a fun combination of flavors (salty and tangy)! We split a few different combinations including a seafood-themed one.



After our meal we decided to go see what new arcade games had been placed in Sunshine City and Akiba. The most notable find was a "3D" game of tabletop Pong. I think it uses magnets to move the cube along the surface. The refresh of an old classic was very entertaining.


I got some bad news today. As I tried to book my bullet train to Hokkaido, it turned out that the earthquake damage was still limiting travel. Sadly, I canceled my reservations, paid the penalties, and replanned the rest of my trip to go somewhere else. Luckily, there are other places I still need to explore. First, I'll go somewhere familiar...


No comments:

Post a Comment