Thursday, August 20, 2015

Moving to California - Day 6 - August 19th - Frisco, CO to Moab, UT


Day 6 of my journey started well. I managed to get an extra hour of driving during the previous evening and in the morning discovered Frisco, CO. I made a short 10 Mile side trip to Breckenridge, home of some of the scenes from Dumb and Dumber. The remainder of the day I would drive the rest of the way across Colorado and finish in Moab, Utah.



Sometimes, I feel good enough to keep driving after it gets dark. The result is that I usually wake up somewhere awesome. Here is a view of Dillon Lake, day 6's morning discovery, from the west path at Frisco. It was actually 30 Deg F at 6am so I was not interested in doing a run or bike ride.

Next, on complete accident, I discovered Glenwood Canyon. This 16 Mile playground follows the Colorado River. There is a constant bike path along the river, hot springs, and many opportunities for white water rafting. I fully intend to make a vacation out of this place.

I ended the day at Moab, Utah. I once had a co-worker tell me that this was one of the best places in the world to take a vacation. Arches National Park was amongst the recommended nearby places to enjoy.

I'll let you know my new opinion in a day or so. First, I needed to set up camp ...

...and have a Margarita...



Here is the day 6 time lapse. This one has to be my favorite thus far with all the CO Rocky Mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment