Friday, August 21, 2015

Moving to California - Day 7 - August 20th - Moab, UT to Flagstaff, AZ


Day 7 started with some exploration of Arches National Park and then finished with a long drive to Arizona. While I was hoping to visit the Grand Canyon, I am going to have to do that some other time. Ironically, I got stuck on State Route 160 in a road construction traffic jam. After sitting there for 45 minutes, I back tracked and drove through the Navajo reservation. In the end I made it to Flagstaff and now only have 480 Miles to complete my journey.



I woke up at 6am, packed up my camp, and made my way 5 miles north to Arches National Park.


My goal was to visit the Delicate Arch, the common symbol of Utah. According to the guide I read, this arch required a moderate 3 mile hike round trip. Also, due to popularity, it was important to be in the parking lot before 9am to beat the crowds. The guide was accurate about the crowds.

The hike was well worth the effort!



The rest of the drive out of Utah was most enjoyable with even more great rock formations and towers.

Here is today's drive time lapse. It started out pretty good, but got kind of boring into AZ. It is interesting to see what an hour stuck in a traffic jam looks like...

No comments:

Post a Comment